Thursday, April 10, 2008

Exam Preparation

Unlike some graduate programs, Boston University administers exams to its students. The format of the exam varies by class, but often times they are multiple choice and true-false. The lecture material is just as important to study as the textbook is, as the lecture provides examples and deeper explanation of concepts.

BU has a strict policy of grading on a curve. This can help you or hurt you. In one particularly difficult class, I felt that I did poorly. However, due to the curve I earned a higher grade than I expected. It's hard not to worry about exams and how they will affect your overall grade since they are heavily weighted. Proper preparation can ease that worry.

I focus on the key points of each chapter's learning objectives and the objectives stated in each week's online lecture. This helps guide me through the exam preparation process. If I can answer most of the objectives, I find that I do well on the exams.

What other approaches to exam prep do students have?

No comments: