Friday, April 11, 2008

Online E-Commerce class

If you have not yet embarked on this adventure, boy, do you have something in store waiting for you!
The material: the lecture and book content are very interesting and provide relevant information to today's business world. Although at times the amount of reading may feel like quite a bit, it really is not difficult ready and the concepts are easy to grasp. At least that is the case for me because I am very internetty (yes, I made up that word and realize it is not a real word).
The students: my class was about 160 students broken down into groups. Your group is who you interact with on a almost daily basis. My group consisted of 15 students-lovely students, that is. In my personal experience all students were involved, generous with their comments, and generally concerned about their personal success as well as the success of the group-this really important for the final project.
The projects: during my class we build a blog-like this one-and we worked on a website. We were also exposed to SeconLife.com-a new experience for most students. This class definately provided us with skills (on these projects) that can be parlayed into many career and life projects. It was great to do more in a class than just read, write papers, and take exams.

No comments: