Thursday, April 10, 2008

Group Projects

Now in my second course, I see the pattern. Each week has the reading, the lecture, discussion topic (which is really a written assignment), chapter questions and case study.

Last week there were no case studies and no chapter questions because we were to be working on our group project. It took so long to get organized that I actually did this week’s reading early, which is a good thing. Because in trying to do my part for the group I have not gotten to my regular assignments. Anyone else having this problem?

Moral of the story: There is no such thing as a free week.

1 comment:

Liz said...

Anne,

This is my 6th class in the BU MSM program. I have two left before graduation (yeah!). I think that as you progress through the program you'll find that you settle into a groove that works well for you. I find that Saturdays are my big writing day, where I set the expectation for myself to really think. Sundays I spend the day rewriting drafts. I will spend time during the week reading the text, writing my discussion, and researching but don't sit down to write until I've really formulated some thoughts.

Since I have been on a group project like this before at BU, I had much less anxiety. I have divided my evenings during the week differently than normal to accomodate my tasks that contribute to the group. I think our group has split the work down well and it works as a well-oiled machine with everyone trusting each other do fulfill their role. This is great simulation of real-life virtual projects.

Liz